Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Diderot

The plates of Diderot have been available online for quite some time, in lots of places, but lacked a good translation.

I love this plate and have used the small scissors as my new logo.


I have originals of many of the plates. Thanks to a digital camera and the magic of photoshop, the Diderot scissors are now gold.  How cool is that?

But I digress.  The Encyclopedia translation project is awesome. The section  Tailleur d'habits et tailleur de corps, with a full translation is worthy of a visit.   They continue to add more translations over time.  One can spend many an hour browsing thru all the different topics.  I keep checking back to see the new translations.  If you have never been take a look, if you have been, take another look there might be something new of interest. 

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring blogger Award. http://cursewordsandcrinolines.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html?m=1

    Whether or not you chose to carry it forward I at least wanted to share with you directly the impact you have had on my own creativity. You have a great blog, it is very informational and I so enjoy seeing what your working on.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Neal, is there a translation online for him?

      Delete