Monday, December 31, 2012

Bad Blogger, Bad..

It's been a while..I've been bad about blogging.  My morning routine of blogging has been changed to housework, holiday prep, holiday clean up, and catching up on overdue projects.  But I miss it, and it always helps me focus on what I need to research and prepare for in workshops etc, so it is back to blogging on a regular basis in the New Year.  Fortunately for all of us, there is never a lack of topics to cover.   I think that is why my fascination and love of all things 18th century continues even after all the years of being immersed in the Age of Enlightenment.

Some things I want to look at in depth in 2013.

Brunswicks


This image of Lady Mary Fox has long been the inspiration for making a traveling outfit.  I was able to examine one in the Manchester City Galleries.

Great Coats (men's)-  Love the capes

Whitework-Will be working on patterns for whiteworked aprons and handkerchiefs.

Polychrome Silk Embroidered Aprons-another patterning project

Metallic Embroidery-just cause I love it

Riding Habits-teaching a workshop in late winter, so I need to immerse myself in riding habits in the New Year.

Passementerie (advanced fly fringe)-have some wonderful fringe and flowers to figure out how to make.

More silk cloaks, more sacques, more English gowns, the list goes on and on.  What is on your to do list?  What do gentle readers want to read about?








2 comments:

  1. I'm always happy to be along for the ride with whatever you post about. Just wished I lived closer so I could take a workshop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still thinking about talking about great coats?

    ReplyDelete